Whether he’s dropping new joints on his own or with hip-hop duo the Primeridian, Chicago producer Tall Black Guy has become one of our favorite artists here at Potholes. His style is one that can’t be tied directly to one particular genre. On one track, dude’s doing the Chicago House thing pretty hard and weaving together synthesizer/keys melodies and pulsing percussion. On another, TBG goes the traditional boom-bap route and churns out a beat reminiscent of the Daisy Age.
That latter style was especially prevalent on his joint album with the Primeridian, Darling Lure, which inspired us to reach out to TBG to have him put together his own Potholes Podcast. Forever a workhorse, he turned it in to us within days and even went as far as mixing it himself with additional audio commentary. It makes for the type of listening experience you would expect to get as a bonus disc with an album and one that further reveals TBG’s approach to music.
Stream the podcast below and hit the skip to download.
Download: Potholes Podcast (Tall Black Guy) [Right Click Save-As]
- Potholes Intro/Minnie Riperton – Inside My Love
- Melodiq Healing (Instrumental)
- Jerry Butler – Take The Time To Tell Her
- Let’s Go
- Stan Getz – Samba de Uma Nota So
- Pose to Do (off the album Da All Nighta)
- Buck Town f. Naledge/Jerry Butler – So In Love With You
- Deodato – Amani/Highstank Noon
- Astrud Gilberto – Agua de Beber
- Dance Forever f. Simeon Viltz of the Primeridian and Shev Rock (TBG Remix with Simeon Viltz commentary)
- The Return of The Here and Now f. Race of the Primeridian and Allegra Dolores (with Race commentary)
- Love Hurts(with TBG commentary)