Since hearing “So Fine” back in late September, we’ve become fast fans of Montreal producer Pomo. It didn’t hurt, of course, that he dropped that song to coincide with joining the HuhWhat&Where crew, which also boasts Kaytranada, Elaquent, and Bahwee. Subsequent material like “Work It Out” and his Night Cruising mix further cemented our interest in Pomo.
The latter actually inspired us to reach out to the rising producer to put together a new mix as part of our Potholes Podcast series. And when I say he delivered some heat, I mean it. This nearly 40-minute mix never lets up on delivering jam after f_cking jam, whether it’s his own material or tunes from PIMB favorites Machinedrum, Kaytranada, and Mndsgn. You’ll also hear some unreleased joints in here from Pomo and AstroLogical, like the former’s ill remix of Sade.
You can hear the mix and peep the track list below. Shouts to Theodore Taylor III for the art.
- Mndsgn – Kikhabits
- AstroLogical – Ashna (Unreleased)
- Machinedrum – Center Your Love
- Pomo – Only U (Unreleased)
- Machinedrum – Heavy Weight
- Comanche – Kodachrome
- Morpheground – All Knighter
- Sade – Nothing Can Come Between Us (Pomo Edit) [Unreleased]
- Dave Hollister – Keep Lovin’ You (Kartell Edit)
- Common – I Want You (Kaytranada Edition)
- Pomo – So Fine
- Jay Z feat. Pharrell – I Just Wanna Love U (Jean Tonique Remix)
- Pomo – Work It Out
- Chu. – New Dae (LAKIM Remix)
- Big Voyage – Cora Pearl