It became clear that it was time to get Blue Sky Black Death to do a guest podcast after hearing (and gushing over) their third album with Nacho Picasso, Exalted. I mean, like plenty of you guys, we’ve been fans for the Seattle-based production duo for a while. And speaking for myself, I fell in love with their approach as someone with a shared penchant for shoegaze.
You can hear BSBD’s love for distortion, ambient sounds, and reverb-drenched guitars throughout their discography. They also made sure to inject plenty of those elements into their podcast, which also contains some good ol’ boom-bap joints, Houston-indebted (or based) cuts, and a beautifully noisy Rick Ross remix.
You can stream the podcast here and download it below.
Download: Potholes Podcast (Blue Sky Black Death) [Right Click Save-As]
- Transient Waves – “Paradise”
- Key Nyata – “DO YOU WVNNV RIDE” (Prod. Frost The Wavegod)
- Grouper – “Heavy Water/ I’d Rather Be”
- Rick Ross – “BMF” (White Ring One Nation Remix)
- Sol Invictus – “The Killing Tide”
- Slowdive - ”Blue Skied an’ Clear”
- Lil Ugly Mane – “Polo Right” (Suicide Alps Forever Re-Edit)
- KA – “Collage”
- Death In June – “Fall Apart”
- Mogwai – “Stanley Kubrick”
- ESG – “Sailin’ Da South” (DJ Screw Mix)
- Neurosis – “Under The Surface”
- Brian Eno – “An Ending (Ascent)”