The year of the comeback continued this week. After telling us he was ready, Justin Timberlake debuted his solid new single, the Jay-Z-featured “Suit & Tie”, while announcing his next album will be called The 20/20 Experience. Hip-hop heads got their own dose of shit-this-album-is-actually-happening insanity when Deltron 3030 released “Pay the Price” to the web.
Other (somewhat) important news arrived when the projected sales numbers came in for A$AP Rocky’s LongLiveA$AP, which should debut at number one. Not bad considering it leaked a month early. Oh, and Lupe Fiasco canceled the second installment of Food & Liquor II. Sigh.
There were plenty of notable singles and remixes—and downloads!—too, like these tracks I’ve chosen to highlight. Enjoy.
- Justin Timberlake – “Suit & Tie” F. Jay-Z
- Sam Smith – “Lay Me Down”
- Giraffage – “Thinking About You”
- Frank Ocean – “Novacane” (LAKIM Edit)
- Shlohmo – “Later”
- Quelle Chris – “Rappin’ Ass” F. Denmark Vessey
- Joey Bada$$ – “Unorthodox”
- Brandt Brauer Frick – “Broken Pieces” F. Jamie Lidell